New interface and tools for business
Google has today announced a new interface for business owners to manage their business presence online. Called Google My Business brings together all the ways Google can help your business shine in one place: Google My Business
- Update your business info on Search, Maps and Google+ from one place to make it easy for customers to get in touch
- Add beautiful photos of your business and a virtual tour of your business interior to help customers see what makes your business unique
- Connect directly with your fans and customers by sharing news, events and other important updates from your Google+ page
- Stay on top of reviews from across the web, and respond to Google reviews
- Understand how people find and interact with your business using custom insights and integration with AdWords Express
- Manage your information on-the-go with the Google My Business Android app and the iOS app (launching soon)
The new dashboard is quite a slick design and brings together all the tools you need to manage your Google+ business listing including Insights, Analytics and Adwords Express. An android app to help manage your business is due soon too.
For businesses or individuals managing more than 10 locations such as myself the bulk upload tool gets a makeover too and is rebranded Google My Business.
Here is the launch video that tells you all about it.
Google continues to develop products and services for local business and these are all built around the Google+ social media platform. This latest rebrand is another development on that journey and in is a nice consistent feel about it. Any local business not involved in managing this area of marketing, either themselves or though someone like Staffordshire Business Photos, is missing a major route to new customers and getting noticed online. Get started now- your competitors are.